Followers

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Patricia's Pansies


Patricia's Pansies is what I have decided to call Mum's quilt.  I am so pleased with it.  Last year Mum had sent me the pansy fabric and co-ordinating solid (which had been in my Auntie's stash for unknown projects) and I knew straight away that I wanted to make her a quilt with them so it holds a bit of sentimental value right from the start.   I thought about it for ages and wasn't sure the best way to use the fabrics....some were fat quarters others where about 30cm pieces.  I finally came up with using the churn dash block to make the most of the pansy fabric.


I then decided to use a stitchery for the centre and found this Bronwyn Hayes design in one of her books that is sitting in my cupboard...I just enlarged it



Co-ordinated it with some Lynette Anderson "Summertime Friends" fabrics and we have a finish.  The quilting came together well and I am pleased to say that my Free Motion Quilting is improving heaps.



The only thing left to do now is write on the label and pack it in the suitcase.




De xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Your Mum is going to love this De. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful De. Your Mum will love it. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work De. Extra special for the connection it has to your Aunt and made by you......I'm sure your Mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow its gorgeous De your mum will love that you made it especially for her.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just gorgeous De and the churn dashes are a great choice to show off the fabrics... love your stitchery in the centre.... your mum will just love it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creatively put together and photographed - I'm sure your mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous De... and yes it will be loved I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a beautiful quilt De, Your mum will love it. Enjoy your visit to Tassie, I'm sorry we won't get to meet this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow De, that is just gorgeous, your mum is going to be blown away...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your a special daughter. You mum is going to love it. Wish I could be in Tassie too. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful De, love the churn dash block it always turns out so nice and I must say your free motion quilting looks fantastic. Such a special quilt for your Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely quilt, and full of emotions and family memories!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done De ! Your mom will be happy and proud !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the name - Patricia's Pansies and made with love...what more could one ask for....perfect...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic De......I'm sure your Mum will ADORE it.....not only because it's beautiful but it was made with so much love! Well done, You!
    sugary hugs xox
    Wendy :o)

    ReplyDelete